Let's learn all about Vinyl
Vinyl is not a natural substance but is a synthetic material. It is a type of plastic made from ethylene (found in crude oil) and chlorine (found in regular salt). When processed, both substances are combined to form Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) resin, or as is commonly referred to - Vinyl. Skins/Vinyl are also known as vinyl skin or skin decals. Skins are digitally cut to fit the unique contour of each device and offer cover-up. There are mainly two types of vinyl used for device wrapping. The two main types of vinyl are Adhesive Vinyl and Heat Transfer Vinyl. 2 types of adhesive vinyl – removable and permanent.
- Do you hate carrying around a dozen microfiber cloths to keep your Gadgets clean?
- Do you hate seeing scratches on your brand-new device?
- Are you bored with the same look as your old devices?
Here is the solution:-
Just wrap your device with different colored & texture-based vinyl materials to give your device a new appearance & provide a shield to your gadgets from scratches & makes it less slippery. You can even design your pattern in digital painting programs.
Nature of Vinyl
- It is crucial to understand the nature of skin STRETCHABLE & NON-STRETCHABLE.
- Stretchable vinyl is not easy to apply because little force can change its size quickly.
- Non-stretchable vinyl is easy to apply because they do not stretch. Its size remains the same while pasting on the device.
- All textured vinyl reacts differently when heat is applied. So you will have to test a few and then select according to your use case.
- Some plastic-textured skins (Carbon Fiber, Cameo Category, Solid Colours & so on) melt with excessive heat, or if we give heat continuously on one particular area, these are the skins that smoothen by heat from underneath (glue side).
How to store Skins/Vinyl
- Vinyl is resistant to moisture and humidity.
- Thus various types of skins or vinyl react differently in different weather conditions.
- So it is essential to keep vinyl in suitable weather conditions.
- Some types of vinyl shrink quickly due to humidity and should be kept in proper folded Rolls.
- The place must also be dust-free.
- Use a shrink-wrap or bubble wrap to wrap the skins.
Typical Properties of Skins/Vinyl
- It is a strong and durable plastic material.
- Vinyl is manufactured in various colors, both transparent and solid.
- Unlike other plastics, vinyl is a plastic material that can easily be recycled. Because of the durability of vinyl, products made from this material have a longer life span. Moreover, the vinyl can then be recycled, which translates into an even longer life for the vinyl plastic resin.
- Vinyl is environment-friendly material, not only because it can be recycled but also for many other reasons. Vinyl helps preserve environmental resources as 57% of vinyl is made from common salt, a renewable natural substance. Non-replenishable resources such as crude oil only account for 43% of vinyl resin, thus making it nature-friendly.
- Compared to various other materials used by the packing industry, vinyl manufacturing requires fewer natural resources, utilizes much less energy, and releases lower environmental emissions.
- Thus vinyl, a synthetic manufactured material, has revolutionized the entire plastic resin industry as well as wrapping businesses.