Vinyl Pasting Tips
Precautions Before Applying Vinyl Skin
- Always clean the device with a Microfiber Cloth.
- Vinyl should be bubble & dust-free for a smooth finish.
- Never use sharp-edged tool directly on device.
- Skin seems to stick better after a few hours of application.
- Do not use excessive heat on the device directly.
- The first step is Weeding (removing negative shapes from the cut with the help of a Weeding tool).
- Before pasting, clean the device with a microfiber cloth.
- Peel the skin from its adhesive back (release paper) carefully.
- Pick a starting point, precisely align peeled off skin with the bottom such as speakers/charging port.
- Then start applying skin from one direction by pressing down with the help of fingers & a little pressure.
- Gently smooth the skin down onto the surface of your device.
- The starting point may be different on various size devices but the basic technique will remain the same.
- Use squeegee (a tool for vinyl pasting) to get rid of bubbles on flat surfaces.
- Use Heat Gun/Hairdryer & Microfiber cloth to smoothen corners and edges.
- Apply heat where needed and rub it with a microfiber cloth.
- Paste skin partially on paper then align with device, once aligned perfectly remove release paper & paste it.
- Method 2: Paste masking tape over logo then remove it after pasting the shape on its accurate position.
- Press from the center out and gradually remove the tape when it gets stick to the bottom.
- Small Logos can also be pasted using any long tip tool.
By Folding Half Release Paper
- Do not remove the release paper entirely from the skin for pasting.
- Peel the half skin and fold the release paper vertically into half.
- Precisely align & paste skin onto the device, once satisfied remove the remaining part from the release paper.
- This method is helpful when applying the skin on big size devices (Laptops, iMac & Gaming Consoles).
- Folding half release paper secures the other half from getting stuck anywhere else.
- This method is helpful when only one person is pasting skin on big sized devices without help.
- Remove skin entirely from the release paper & repaste it partially for easy installation.
- After successful application on half device, remove the remaining paper and paste onto device.
- This method works well only on thick vinyl material.